Monday, July 13, 2009

Come and Gone

I have been dreading one day for the last two years – July 3, 2009. That is the day I turned the big 2-5. Now I know for most people they don't think twice about turning 25. I'm still young and seemingly have my whole adult life ahead of me. But that's what has bothered me the most. The age 25 has so much meaning. I've always felt that was an “adult” age. Granted, I've been out of school and living on my own for three years now but having to say, “I'm 25” seemed like a big deal. By that time in life you're supposed to know where you're going, what you want, have a life plan and have started on your way.

Well, as you know, July 3, 2009 has come and gone. There was no dramatic shift in the universe. The day started and ended, just like any other. I didn't wake up with a giant weight on my shoulders. As the day went on, I didn't feel like now that I was 25 my life had less meaning. I guess I just had to realize that it really was just a number.

No comments: