Sunday, September 26, 2010

First Week Back

It's hard to believe that we've been back from the honeymoon for a week now. While the honeymoon was tons of fun, it's been great to be back in our 'real lives' as married folk. The reality of it all is starting to sink in. We've spent the week trying to settle into the apartment. That means me getting rid of and organizing my things better so there's somewhere for Ross' belongings to go. We've had opportunities to grow as a couple during this process, but it's been an amazing week. Here are my highlights....

We watched a movie Sunday night and then Ross didn't have to go home – he was home! The joy I felt realizing that we now share a home, is a moment I never want to forget. I love knowing that there will be no more saying good bye at the end of an evening.

Ross had the day off on Friday, but I did not and was not looking forward to having to get up while he slept in. However, when the alarm went off he said, “If you get out of bed now you'll have more time to eat the pancakes I'm going to make you.” Pancakes and coffee with my love was a great start to my day.

Again this morning he let me sleep in while he returned the U-Haul. I woke up to a surprise in the kitchen – a Dunkin Donuts bag. (Note the trend that I don't like mornings, but yummy food makes them tolerable.) This one was especially nice since I tended to swing by DD on my way to his house and get him a donut as an excuse to buy one for myself.

Any of the times I've gotten to say “my husband Ross”

Getting attacked by silly string - twice. I've lived by myself for so long that I forgot how much fun roommates could be. It's a good thing I like this one since it's for life.

Seeing the people we love here. This week it's really been evident how DC is my home. Whether it's at work, church, a friend's birthday dinner, or just walking down the street, we keep running into people who are happy to see us back. And they're excited that we're married too!


Cheesy but fun

2 comments:

Unknown said...

Ahhhhhhh, this post just left me with the biggest smile on my face!!! I am so happy for you and YOUR HUSBAND ROSS!!!!!!!!!!!

Bryan and Kandice said...

Fun, Fun, Fun! Have a great time these first few months, they are super special! Don't worry, the wonder of falling asleep beside your husband never fades.