Wednesday, December 8, 2010

Reverb 10 - Beautifully Different

I recently came across #reverb10. “Reverb 10 is an annual event and online initiative to reflect on your year and manifest what’s next. Use the end of your year as an opportunity to reflect on what's happened, and to send out reverberations for the year ahead.” At least that’s how they describe it on their website! In short, there’s a common writing prompt for the day. Let’s get this started!

December 8 – Beautifully Different.

Think about what makes you different and what you do that lights people up. Reflect on all the things that make you different – you’ll find they’re what make you beautiful.

I’ve been thinking about this all day and I can’t come up with a good answer. Now before you start leaving comments on why I’m special (looking at you mom), hear me out. I could write a list of all my quirks or the random taste I have in movies, but I’m sure someone else in this world likes these same things too. It could also be argued that it’s the combination of those things that makes me different. But really, when I thought about it, those things aren’t “me”. Those are just things I like or weird habits. But as I thought about “me” I just felt oh so narcissistic. Maybe I’ll feel more inspired by tomorrow’s prompt.

There is one thing I can think of to keep this from being the worst post ever - my nose. It's one of the things that when I look in the mirror I celebrate it's imperfection. You see, it's the exact same nose as my sister, father, and late grandfather. And while it may be one of the reasons I'm not a model, I'd never change it. I love being able to see where I came from everyday.

2 comments:

Kelly said...

Welcome to Reverb! Don't worry - a lot of people came to the same conclusions with this one, just another way that we all aren't so different. :) You're off to a great start, hope you keep up with it.

ccripe said...

you're right!