The episode aired March 9, 1998 and I'm just now getting my answer. I don't expect you to know what I'm talking about. I wouldn't even know that information if it wasn't for Google. All I remember is that during an episode of Ally McBeal she was charged with the task of finding a theme song for herself. (I think my love for that show as a 14 year old could be it's own post.) It's supposed to be song that you play in your head to make you feel better. When she picks her song, she starts dancing down the street. I thought it was the best idea ever and wanted a theme song of my own.
Fast forward to this weekend, and I'm driving along in my car and Katy Perry's "Firework" comes on the radio two times in a row. Instead of being annoyed I was completely inspired. It sounds silly I know, but I really needed it. Today I have something that I've been anxious about for the past week. I'm interviewing for a job rotation that I REALLY want, but am doubting that I'm good enough. That's right, I just put something big and scary on the internet. And if I don't get it, you'll all know. Nothing like public failure. Instead of worrying about that I'm listening to "Firework" as many times as I can stand it. Read this portion of the lyrics and let me know if you can think of a better song. One that gets you inspired to tell someone why you're the best person to join their staff for a few months.
Do you know that there's still a chance for you
Cause there's a spark in you
You just gotta ignite the light
And let it shine
Just own the night
Like the Fourth of July
Cause baby you're a firework
Come on show 'em what your worth
Make 'em go "Oh, oh, oh!"
As you shoot across the sky-y-y
Baby you're a firework
Come on let your colors burst
Make 'em go "Oh, oh, oh!"
You're gonna leave 'em fallin' down-own-own
You don't have to feel like a waste of space
You're original, cannot be replaced
Cause there's a spark in you
You just gotta ignite the light
And let it shine
Just own the night
Like the Fourth of July
Cause baby you're a firework
Come on show 'em what your worth
Make 'em go "Oh, oh, oh!"
As you shoot across the sky-y-y
Baby you're a firework
Come on let your colors burst
Make 'em go "Oh, oh, oh!"
You're gonna leave 'em fallin' down-own-own
You don't have to feel like a waste of space
You're original, cannot be replaced
Ross and I heard the song later on Saturday and I think my enthusiasm for the song highly entertained him. Or it could have been my horribly loud and off key singing.
I think a part of me also likes this since I was almost a Fourth of July baby. I love my birthday because it's always full of fireworks. Last year I was so happy watching them with my family visiting from Indiana that I started crying. That's right, I was crying on the National Mall.
This was taken the year before when I wasn't crying
Self portrait
(Actually this was taken by my skilled husband)
I think a part of me also likes this since I was almost a Fourth of July baby. I love my birthday because it's always full of fireworks. Last year I was so happy watching them with my family visiting from Indiana that I started crying. That's right, I was crying on the National Mall.
This was taken the year before when I wasn't cryingThere are other songs that inspire me. Songs that make me what to live a life that matters. Songs that inspire me to love others more fully. But today I need a confidence boost, so today I'm a firework. What about you? What song inspires you no matter how silly?
Self portrait(Actually this was taken by my skilled husband)

1 comment:
I agree with your song... You've always been a firework to me, full of spectacular color and AWWWW!
I think I'd chose "Legacy" for me. Love your postings!
Post a Comment