Last night Ross and I planned to Skype with my parents during halftime of the Purdue basketball game. (It's still too soon to talk about.) Our internet was slow, so I decided to talk to them the old fashioned way - on my cell phone. Below is an excerpt from the middle of our conversation.
Mom: "Did you end up getting that sweater that you wanted?" (see previous post)
Me: "I did!"
Mom: "Oh! I wanted to get that for you whether or not it was on sale."
Me: "Thanks, but I already have it."
Mom: "Do you really? Or are you just saying that so I don't buy it for you."
Me: "No. I'm wearing it right now! I really own it!"
See folks, this is why cell phones are outdated. If we had been using Skype or on phones with video chat, this would never have happened. Now, this is the best way for me to prove to my mother that I actually did order the sweater I had my eye on.
Thankfully I asked Ross to snap a quick picture of me when I wore my new sweater for the first time on Thursday. There you go mom, proof that I truly own this sweater.
Footnote: I was so proud of myself for waiting for a coupon since they are always flooding my inbox. But after paying for shipping I only saved $3.50. Ugh. At least I knew I really really liked it since I had to wait. And yes, I wore it to work on Thursday and then again for part of the day again on Sunday. Again, I really really like it.
Monday, March 21, 2011
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

3 comments:
Love it! Spring is here! Daffodils are everywhere and it makes my heart explode with love for you sis! Wish we could enjoy them together.
I knew that sweater would look great on you. Next time I'll act faster!!
Lol - I clicked over to read the post just b/c I saw the picture and thought "Hey! That's the sweater she wanted!!" So happy you got it :)
Post a Comment