Friday, January 4, 2013

Happy New Year!


I’m back! After much encouragement from my mom and sister over the holidays, I decided to stop writing blog posts in my head and start actually writing them. What a concept! I then realized the easiest way to post at least once a week would be to blog about our Weekly Family Photo. Starting on our wedding day, Ross and I have taken a picture every week as a way to document and remember our lives. They range from pictures of us in a rainy tent to running into a 90s TV star at LAX.

We started the New Year by celebrating with one of Ross’ family traditions – eating pork and sauerkraut. This was my first attempt at making it and thankfully, there was only one snag. It took me forever to find sauerkraut in the grocery store. I finally asked this sweet old lady if she knew where I could find it. She offered a few suggestions then said, “You LIKE sauerkraut?!” 

Enjoying our pork and sauerkraut with a side of good luck!

3 comments:

Unknown said...

Yes! The blog is back! Your kitchen color is awesome - did you paint it?? Let's see more house pictures! And I don't think I've ever eaten sauerkraut by itself, but I love Reubens :)

Bryan and Kandice said...

Love it! Yeah for a new post! LOVE the blue of your kitchen. I agree with Katie, more house pics!
Love you sis!

amylathers said...

I need to get back to blog-land, too! Maybe right now...

I agree with the ladies - love the blue. More house, please.