Thursday, May 22, 2014

A Decade

Ten years ago I stood beside my sister and held her 50 pound bouquet as she held the hands of the man who had won her heart. They promised to love and cherish each other until they are parted by death. And I finally got the brother I'd always wanted.

As time has gone on, I realize just how truly special it is to have a brother-in-law like Bryan. I consider myself incredibly lucky to consider him a dear friend. See the thing is that the three of us were all friends in college. (Well technically we were all friends even though I knew Kandice already thought he was the bee's knees.) They still lived in town after they got married as I finished college. I have such sweet memories of dinners at their house and cups of coffee on their couch. So many hours spent together truly enjoying and knowing each other. 

This past decade has been full of so many memories, but to sum it up, I just never could have dreamed of a better brother. He's fun, wise, adventurous, a loving husband to my sister, and caring father to my nieces. I'm so thankful for him. 

HAPPY ANNIVERSARY B&K! Thank you for your example of a loving marriage. I look forward to what the next decade has in store. (And be glad I'm traveling and can't dust off more old pictures.)

College days before the wedding

Teaching the city boy to be a farmer

Week long backpacking trip in Colorado

First time seeing him as a dad

Ten years after saying "I do"

1 comment:

Bryan and Kandice said...

Thank you Kari for your encouragement and loving tribute to my wonderful husband. He sure is the bees knees! We love you so much!