Today I commented on a friend's blog (Happy Anniversary Brandon and Lindsay!) and it used my blog ID to post. All that did was remind me how long it's been since I posted. I had such good intentions when starting this. I thought it would be a good way to keep friends and family updated with what was going on in my far away DC life. Unfortunately it only works if you take the time to update your page. I think part of my problem is I think I need to have something earth shattering to be post worthy. And when something does happen, I don't take the time to write about it but then it seems odd to post about it weeks or months later.
Here's a brief life update:
I'm still living in DC and loving it. I've finally unpacked all my boxes, but there's still a pile of picture frames on the floor waiting to find a home. I'm still at the same job, and that's actually where I met my amazing fiance. We're planning a September wedding followed by a very relaxing beach honeymoon. Even though I live significantly closer to the ocean, I have yet to go since moving. Hopefully that will change this summer. As of October, I am now an aunt to the world's cutest baby. Seriously, this girl is adorable. I've found a church I really like and am being challenged and encouraged by my community group. A few friends and I have started our own book club. The meetings may not be consistent and on topic, but at least we're reading! For the first time since I was 10, I'm playing softball this summer. The team doesn't mind that I'm terrible since we're in the noncompetitive division of the work league.
I'm going to make an effort to be better at posting. I know this was brief and didn't flow, but at this point, a bad post is better than no post.
Thursday, June 10, 2010
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)


2 comments:
I'm so amazed to see a posting--make sure you keep it up! LOVE the photo of your niece!
I totally forgot you had a blog!!! Now I'm following so that I don't miss anything. And YES, I love those dresses! But a butt bow just makes everything better :)
Post a Comment