Wednesday, May 8, 2013

Hello Again

I began the year with a simple goal: post our Weekly Family Photo. But then life happened. I don't necessarily mean the normal day to day activities took over (which of course they always do). I mean the kind of things that are big in your life and you can't think of the right words to say to truly share what's going on. Here we are almost three months later and I'm still not sure what to do about it. Instead, I'm just going to move forward. I'm going to post a monthly round up and then circle back to fill in the gap.

March

Caroline teaches her first yoga class
Our friend and co-worker Caroline needed to teach a yoga class to complete her teacher training. We got up early on a Saturday to catch our bus to the other side of town. For years I've heard her refer to her "urban family" which is a phrase I love. It's encouraging to know that even though our true families are far away, there are people here to celebrate accomplishments and life events with us.
Snow day!
We got our first (and only) snow day of the year in March. Since there wasn't anything more than a dusting in the city we couldn't even play outside. We spent the day painting the basement bedroom and discovered I inherited my mother's skills for doing trim. I'm very slow, but good if you're looking to hire someone. Also the lighting of this picture isn't very good, but it's a nice light blue/green.

Alison comes to town
One of the hardest parts of living in this city is that your friends tend to move away. Lucky for us, our friend Alison still comes back to DC for work and fun. She's great about scheduling a time for friends to gather and catch up and have fun. And no, I didn't plan to match my little pal.

Date night
We finally made it the "little Italian restaurant behind the liquor store" our former neighbors told us about. And it was worth the wait. The food was good and there was something special about being only one of about 10 tables in this little neighborhood spot.

Easter brunch with the CG



Our Community Group (CG) from church got together to celebrate Easter with a potluck brunch. Ross followed my family tradition by getting me a corsage even though the person left about six inches of stem. (Obviously the person has never had to actually WEAR a corsage...) After brunch we walked down the street to see a house on the market and walked past an Easter egg hunt in progress. Before church we were able to Skype with my sister and her family and with my parents visiting her, the whole family got to be together in a very 21st century way.

That's the month of March! Well, not everything, but our weekly pictures at least!

No comments: