With April came the start of spring weather which meant we started to do outside activities. I forget how much I miss the sunshine until I get to enjoy it again.
 |
| Cherry Blossom bike ride |
We tried to outsmart the tourists by checking out the cherry blossoms on bike. Big mistake. Our regular routes that we can just fly down were full of cars and mass amounts of pedestrians jaywalking. We thought we would go around Hains Point, but even that was bumper to bumper traffic. Defeated we turned around to go home. Oh and did I mention that even though it was late in the season and "peak bloom" they actually hadn't bloomed yet? We did get our picture with the one blooming tree on the ride.
 |
| Purdue College of Science Distinguished Alumni Awards |
Now before you get too excited, I wasn't at these awards as an honoree. This weekend marked my first meeting on the CoS Alumni Board. It was inspiring to hear from the award winners about how their time at Purdue was fundamental to not only their professional but also personal lives. I was also able to have conversations with fellow board members and I was amazed at how even though we were on campus decades apart we had some of the same memories. Boiler Up!
 |
| Capitol Crescent with Caroline |
It only took us a year and a half to go on this bike ride. We planned to do this October of 2011 but the day before the temperature dropped and it snowed a few inches. This time the weather was perfect! A nice sunny but cool spring morning, so we biked to Betheseda and back and then ventured into Dupont for brunch. It was one of those perfect DC outings.
 |
| Landscaping day |
This picture doesn't quite do our backyard justice. We spent WAY too long at Lowe's looking at their plants. The next day we planted a few junipers and rose bushes in the back and got flats of petunias and inpatients to add extra pops of color. The front has 3 rose bushes, a hanging basket, and an azalea tree. You can't live in DC and not have an azalea tree! We did one thing I NEVER would have done on the farm. We bought a bag of compost and manure to mix in the dirt. I guess that's what it means to live in the city...
No comments:
Post a Comment